Lomond & Argyll Advocacy Service (usually known as ‘LAAS’) is an independent, free and confidential advocacy organisation operating in the West of Scotland.
- INDEPENDENT – this means we are separate from Social Work, the Health Service, and all other organisations.
- FREE – we make no charges whatsoever for our services.
- CONFIDENTIAL – we don’t share your personal information with others unless you ask us to.
- We are a registered Scottish charity (no. SC033157), established in 2000.
- We offer ‘one-to-one’ independent professional advocacy.
- We operate across West Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute.
- We are members of the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance.
Lomond & Argyll Advocacy Service is funded by a partnership of health and social work services, including:
- West Dunbartonshire Council
- Argyll & Bute Council
- NHS Highland
- NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
Our Board of Directors is fully independent of our funders and commissioners. We have a wholly independent Board firmly rooted in the local communities we serve.
There is legislation in place giving Scottish residents the right to independent advocacy services in specific situations.
Click here to find out more…